Permanent Part Time - x 10 hours per week.
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for a new Retail Assistant at our Whangarei store.
This position reports to the Shop Co-ordinator and is responsible for assisting with the co-ordination of the daily operational needs of the Red Cross Shop.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Customer Service received in-store
- Promoting/Driving Sales
- Cash Management
- Shop Presentation
- Stock Management
- Adherence of the Health, Safety and Hazards Policy
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Experience in cash handling, cash management, and retail shop operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a sales environment.
- Experience working as or with volunteers.
- Skills in dealing with customers.
- Be enthusiastic and have the commitment to work as a team member of Red Cross.
- Self-motivated and have a positive and friendly approach.
- Reliable and work with integrity.