Pathways to Settlement Manager
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 15,000 volunteers and 500 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker who has proven team leadership experience to coordinate our Pathways to Settlement programme in Invercargill.
The purpose of the Pathways to Settlement Manager is to provide direct management to Social Workers, Settlement Case Workers, Settlement Cross Cultural Workers and the Volunteer Programme Lead. Additionally the position oversees provision of client services and ensures safe practice. The Pathways to Settlement Manager contributes to development of social work and settlement work within the agency. The Pathways to Settlement Manager is responsible for building and maintaining networks with service providers in the community sector and ensuring referral routes into mainstream service providers.
In this role you will:
- Actively participate in the wider Red Cross team
- Provide leadership and line management to the team of Settlement Case Workers, Social Workers, Cross Cultural Workers and the Volunteer Programme Lead
- Provide advice and leadership for complex casework
- Liaise with Mangere agencies in preparation for receiving new arrivals into the community
- Contribute to the ongoing development of settlement work and social work in NZRC
- Carry a small caseload of former refugee clients, assisting them to develop and achieve their settlement plans, including undertaking regular home visits
- Provide public education and raise awareness with local mainstream service providers on best practice work with refugee clients
- Establish effective networks and collaborative partnerships with local service providers to obtain full access to mainstream services for former refugee clients
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A tertiary social work qualification
- Full registration with the Social Worker Registration Board with a current practicing certificate
- A recognised qualification in professional supervision or study towards it is preferred.
- In-depth experience in service delivery and direct client contact with families and individuals from a different cultural background
- Proven relationship development skills
- A good knowledge of the Invercargill social service sector
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Sue Price at New Zealand Red Cross email@example.com 027 512 1781