Maternity leave 12 months- May 2018 Start
Part Time role: 15 hours per week. Preference to spread over three, 5 hour days.
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 14,500 volunteers and 500 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for an employer liaison to join our Pathways to Employment programme.
The goal of Pathways to Employment is to assist refugee background individuals to find meaningful and sustainable employment and to be economically independent. Employment not only improves economic independence; it is also important to social wellbeing and connection to New Zealand society.
The purpose of the employer liaison role is to grow the pool of employment opportunities for former refugees in the Auckland area, assist in preparing them for their job search and engagement in the New Zealand workforce appropriate to their previous experience and skills and ultimately, to facilitate successful employment. There is an expectation that work experience, internships, trials and paid employment will be monitored for an initial period.
The role includes intensive, individualised work with both refugee background clients and potential employers.
In this role you will:
- Work with clients to achieve work experience, internships, trials and paid employment
- Extend the network of employers and organisations willing to consider employing former refugees and offering work experience opportunities
- Source vacancies and obtain interviews for clients with employers to achieve employment outcome targets.
- Conduct individual and small group sessions with clients to develop effective strategic planning and employment seeking skills, an understanding of specific industry requirements and the priorities of employers from different sectors
- Network with employers and employment related organisations in the region
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Relationship Management and Sales skills
- Awareness of New Zealand employer priorities and familiarity with employment organisations and networks in the region
- Tertiary education in relevant field
- Proven skills in career development and the ability to engage with clients collaboratively
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact John Rodgers at New Zealand Red Cross 027 8074974