Social Worker - Permanent Full Time
As part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation, New Zealand Red Cross works to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
We are seeking a social worker to join our client services team supporting former refugees to resettle in New Zealand.
This position provides comprehensive assessments, social work support and settlement support to refugees resettling in New Zealand to regain control of their lives. You will have proven experience communicating with a wide variety of people and ethnicities and have the ability to effectively case manage and coordinate crisis support where required.
In the role you will maintain communication with volunteers alongside the volunteer coordinator to assist volunteers on placement, attend community meetings and network groups as required and provide public education and raise awareness with local mainstream service providers on best practice work with refugee clients.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have a tertiary social work qualification
- Hold full registration with the Social Worker Registration Board or you are near completion
- Can demonstrate strengths-based social work
- Can demonstrate cross cultural understanding and experience working with culturally and religiously diverse groups
- Have relevant experience in social work
- Have proven experience of the ability to network and build positive working relationships
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Janice Coldicott Client Services Team Leader at New Zealand Red Cross 04 8050312