Malay or Rohingya speaking Resettlement Case Worker
Fixed Term (12 months)
New Zealand Red Cross is a member National Society of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), which is the world's largest humanitarian association. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas whose lives have become vulnerable through conflict, disaster or circumstance.
We are an organization with over 10,000 voluntary members and 450 staff and we have an exciting opportunity for Malay or Rohingya speaking caseworker.
In this role you will assist newly arrived families from refugee background with practical aspects of their initial resettlement; provide linkages to relevant mainstream and community based services an organisations; and assist families to understand how things work in New Zealand and in and around their homes.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have experience in Cross Cultural service delivery and direct contact with families and individuals who are marginalized, preferably from refugee backgrounds.
- An excellent understanding of New Zealand systems and local services.
- Effective communication (including written) an relationships to network, establish and maintain effective partnerships.
- Empathy with humanitarian causes.
- A background in health, education or social services would be an advantage.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Jenny Pepworth, Client Services Team leader at New Zealand Red Cross 06 351 0790 or Jenny.Pepworth@redcross.org.nz