International Aid Worker - Overseas Deployments
Fixed Term Contract - Seeking applications for 2018
New Zealand Red Cross recruits, trains and provides aid workers for international Red Cross development and humanitarian field operations.
Our aid workers are deployed overseas to provide humanitarian and development assistance through their technical expertise. They directly contribute to saving lives, alleviating suffering and maintaining human dignity on the front-line.
We are particularly interested in the following technical skill areas:
- Water and sanitation/WASH specialist and engineers
- IT&T specialists
- Development and recovery coordinators
- Disaster Management specialists
- Shelter and construction specialists
- Hospital based and community based health practitioners
New Zealand Red Cross prioritises meeting the needs of our Pacific neighbours in emergency response or longer-term capacity building. As such, applicants with experience in Pacific Island cultures, communities or language skills will be of value. Beyond the Pacific, our focus is placed on meeting medical and health needs in situations of violence, armed conflict and complex emergencies.
Minimum requirements for consideration include the following criteria:
- A minimum of three to four years' experience in area of expertise
- Must be a New Zealand citizen, or hold a permit for permanent NZ residency
- Previous humanitarian and/or cross-cultural experience
Standard missions range from 6 to 12 months, with shorter missions of 2 - 8 weeks offered during emergency responses. Aid workers are employed by New Zealand Red Cross on fixed term contracts that cover salary, travel costs, all pre-deployment and post-deployment support, medical clearance and insurance.
New Zealand Red Cross receive applications for international aid work all year round. Currently applications are being considered for the International Mobilisation and Preparation for ACTion (IMPACT) courses, scheduled on 16 - 23 March 2018.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Aaron Davy, New Zealand Red Cross Delegate Programme Manager, on 04 471 8253.
If your application is successful then we may wish to see the following:
- Original documentation supporting your educational qualifications
- Evidence of your eligibility to work in New Zealand
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV and colour scan of your passport/NZ residency permit.
Applications (for March 2018) close 1 November 2017.